There’s nothing quite like a hearty bowl of Beef Stew with Carrots & Potatoes on a cold, blustery day! This classic dish has been a favorite among families for generations, and for a good reason – it’s packed with rich, savory flavors and wholesome ingredients that will warm you up from the inside out.
To make this delectable dish, you’ll need a few key ingredients: tender chunks of beef, carrots, potatoes, onions, garlic, tomato paste, beef broth, and a handful of flavorful herbs and spices. Begin by searing the beef in a hot Dutch oven until it’s browned and crisp on the outside, then remove it from the pot and set it aside.
Next, sauté the aromatic veggies until they’re fragrant and soft, then add the tomato paste and let it cook down to a rich, caramelized paste. Add the beef broth, stirring to scrape up any browned bits on the bottom of the pot, and add the beef back in along with the herbs and spices. Let the stew simmer until the meat and vegetables are tender.
The result? A mouthwatering, soul-warming stew that’s perfect for cozy nights, family dinners, or even special occasions. The tender beef melts in your mouth, and the vegetables add a delightful sweetness and heartiness.
Take advantage of this succulent beef stew with carrots and potatoes – your taste buds (and stomach!) will thank you.
Yummy Beef Stew with Carrots + Potatoes Ingredient list
- 5 pounds Organic Boneless Beef Chuck (Preferably Single Cut) cut into 1½-inch pieces, then graciously season with Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground Tellicherry pepper.
- 2 teaspoons Organic Turmeric
- 1 Organic Bay Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Organic Allspice
- 3- 32 Oz Organic Beef Broth
- 2 cups water
- 4 tablespoons Organic Avocado Oil
- 1 cup Organic Tomato Paste
- 5 Organic Garlic Cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 tablespoons Organic Fresh Spicy Oregano (Chopped) or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 large Organic Sweet Yellow Onions (Julienned or chopped is great)
- 1 Stalk Organic Celery (diced)
- 6 large Organic Carrots peeled and then sliced into 1-inch diagonal pieces
- 1 pound small white boiling potatoes (baby Yukon gold), cut in half
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley
- Cut the beef chuck into into 1½-inch pieces and season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Preferably in a large cast iron Dutch oven, heat 4 Tbsp of Avocado oil on medium-high heat, add onions cook, stirring until golden. Then on high heat, work in the beef chuck, sear to a deep brown on all sides.
- Bring to a gentle simmer over low to medium heat adding tomato paste, and beef broth stirring well. Cover pot and continue to stew over very low heat. Stew the beef for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then add vegetables, and Stew for a hour or until vegetables are tender. (Takes an hour for vegetables to release their flavors).
- A good idea would be to cook your stew low and slow. The longer your stew simmers, it will become thicker, and your beef will be deliciously tender with a deepened flavor.
*Make Ahead – Experience a symphony of flavors when you let this stew sit for at least 24 hours, as the ingredients have had ample time to meld together and reach their full potential.
*You can enjoy this scrumptious stew anytime you want thanks to these freezer-friendly instructions! Simply store it in the freezer for up to three months and when you’re ready to indulge, defrost it in the fridge for 24 hours and reheat it to hot perfection on the stovetop.
Leave a Reply