Enjoy the unique taste of wild berries with these fabulous crumble bars! Bursting with flavor and packed with health benefits, this is a dessert you won’t want to miss.
Wild Berry Crumble is a delicious way to enjoy the health benefits of wild berries. Blueberries, blackberries, and other dark-colored berries contain antioxidants, which help protect cells from damage and reduce the risk of some chronic diseases. Studies have shown that consuming berries every day can improve cognitive function and memory and may even help slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease.
Wild berries are also a good source of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, making them an excellent addition to any diet. Whether you enjoy them fresh, frozen, or in a classic berry crumble, there’s no denying that wild berries are good for you!
While berry crumble is famously served as a dessert, it can also make a nutritious breakfast or snack; this is one more way to enjoy these healing benefits berries and get them into your family’s tummies. These little treasures hold such incredible healing benefits while at the same time lending their deliciously, deep natural flavor, certainly the tastiest way to improve your health!
Whenever possible, choose frozen wild blueberries instead of fresh, cultivated blueberries.
To Make Wild Berry Crumble
You can make this delicious recipe quickly with just a few ingredients and some easy steps!
For the filling:
- wild blueberries or wild mixed berries
- raw honey or maple syrup
- lemon juice
- arrowroot powder
- alcohol free vanilla extract
For the base and topping:
- gluten-free rolled oats
- gluten-free oat flour
- coconut sugar
- ground cinnamon
- maple syrup
- coconut oil
A delicious dish is only complete with the right ingredients, including a selection of helpful backing supplies used in this recipe! With those items on hand, you’ll have all you need to create something special.
Wild Berry Crumble
A gooey berry filling with healing benefits lending their deep, delicious natural flavor with a crisp oat topping.
- For the filling:
- 1 3/4 cups Mixed fresh or frozen wild berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries)
- 1/4 cup raw honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1/2 tsp alcohol free vanilla extract
- For the base + topping:
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup melted refined coconut oil
- A pinch of sea salt
Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- To make the filling, place a small pot over medium-high heat. Add the wild blueberries, raw honey or maple syrup, lemon juice, arrowroot, and vanilla extract or powder. Stir until evenly mixed. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook, stirring often, until thick and bubbly, about 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- To make the base and topping, combine the oat flour, oats, coconut sugar and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Pour in the melted coconut oil and stir until the dough clumps together. Place 2 cups of the mixture into the prepared pan and set aside the rest. Press the mixture evenly to the base of the pan using your fingers or a flat-bottomed glass.
- Pour the berry filling on top of the base and spread out evenly. Sprinkle the rest of the crumb mixture over the filling. Bake for 35-40 minutes, until the filling is bubbly and the top golden. Remove from oven and cool completely before slicing into bars.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
Simple Blueberry Compote
Leave a Reply