Vanilla Bean + Spiced Rum Cheesecake is a deliciously creamy organic, classic style cheesecake with a splash of spiced rum.
Graham Cracker Base
- 1 - 1/2 Cups - Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 3 Tbsp - Organic Coconut sugar
- 1/3 Cup - Grass-Fed Organic Butter (Melted)
Vanilla Cheesecake Batter
- 3 Pkg (8 oz each) - Organic Cream Cheese (softened, room temperature)
- 1 1/2 Cups - Coconut Organic Sugar
- 4 - Large Organic Eggs (room temperature)
- 1/2 Cup - Heavy Cream, Organic
- 1 Cup - Greek Organic Vanilla Yogurt (Chobani was used for this recipe)
- 1 tbsp. - Fresh Organic Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp. - Vanilla Bean Extract
- 1/4 tsp. - Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 tbsp. - Spiced Rum (Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum was used for this recipe). [Optional]
- *(One 9-inch springform pan)
Room Temperature Ingredients
To achieve a perfectly smooth texture, allow for all cold ingredients to rest at room temperature for at least two hours before using. As well as using full fat ingredients.
Preheat Oven 375°
Preparing The Graham Cracker Crust –
1. First, in a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and coconut sugar set aside.
2. Then, in a small cooking pot, melt butter over low heat. Once melted, remove from heat and pore over the graham cracker mixture.
3. Next, using a fork, or a food processor mix graham cracker mixture with melted butter until evenly coated and mixed well.
4. After that, pour the mixture into the prepared 9-inch springform pan. Press the graham cracker mixture evenly onto the bottom of the springform pan and, if desired, coating 1/2 inch up the sides of the pan.
*Bake graham cracker crust for 12-15 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool. Reduce the oven temperature to 325°F.
The Cheesecake Batter –
1. First, using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and rum at medium speed until soft and no lumps remain, stopping to scrape down the sides once or twice.
2. Then, and the eggs one at a time, beating until the mixture is smooth. Using a spatula to scrape the bottom of the bowl and down the sides after each addition. Add in the heavy cream and mix well until the mixture is blended and smooth.
3. Next, pour the cheesecake batter into the prepared pan of graham cracker crust.
4. After that, place in a preheated 325°F oven. Bake for 45- 50 minutes, or until center is almost set. The internal temperature, when measured an inch from the center, should be 165°F
For A Water Bath –
A water bath helps bake the cheesecake evenly and gently, creating a steamy environment so the top surface of the cheesecake will not dry and crack.
1. First, wrap the sides of your springform pan in a layer of heavy duty foil. Covering the bottom and up the sides to the top of the pan. The foil prevents the water from leaking into the springform pan.
2. Then, set your springform pan into a large roasting pan.
3. Next, pour hot water around your springform pan halfway up the sides of the cheesecake pan.
4. After that, bake according to baking directions.
*Note – Test with a wooden skewer
Insert a wooden skewer into the cheesecake; if it comes out relatively clean, it’s finished.
When the center is set, turn off the oven and leave in for 1 hour with the oven door slightly ajar. Then, refrigerate the cheesecake overnight.
*Leaving your cheesecake in the refrigerator overnight will help set and firm your cake as well with developing flavors.
*Depending on your altitude, you may have to adjust your baking time +/-
For Perfect Slicing –
To avoid a mess when slicing your cheesecake, dip your knife into hot water, and wipe clean before each cut.