When it comes to health and wellness, Turmeric is something that has been on everyone’s radar for quite some time.
Turmeric, a spice derived from the Curcuma longa plant roots, has many rich benefits, including a natural remedy for oncological and auto-immune disorders. Its golden hue adds flavor and vibrancy to dishes while possessing numerous medicinal properties, making this powerful herb an invaluable part of any wellness routine.
In addition to providing many internal advantages, such as helping support cardiovascular health and intestinal functions, a body can become nourished externally and mentally with Turmeric!
So join us as we uncover how this healing root can positively impact your life.
In the case of auto-immune
Turmeric contains curcumin, a phytochemical with anti-inflammatory properties. It is beneficial for conditions like lupus, where the body can remain in a chronic reaction cycle even after the invader (such as the Epstein-Barr virus diagnosed as lupus) is no longer present. Sometimes, though, once a process starts, the body needs an ally to come in and break the pattern. Turmeric is ideal because it contains natural and very beneficial steroidal compounds from the curcumin and other aspects of the Turmeric that are critical to calm down exaggerated inflammatory responses to pathogens.
It is important to note that Turmeric holds excellent health advantages, including the following:
- It helps with body pain
- Helps regulate cholesterol
- Improves blood supply + circulation
- Helpful cancer preventative
- Contains anti-inflammatory curcumin
- Powerful anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiseptic, and anti-depressant
- It aids in the digestion of proteins and fats but also regulates blood sugar for people with diabetes.
Did you Know?
That natural polyphenolic compounds found in curcumin (diferuloylmethane; from Turmeric) have been shown in studies  to have antiviral activities against a broad range of viruses, including HIV, Herpes, Influenza, Hepatitis B and C, Adenovirus, and even Chikungunya virus.
Healing Benefits of Turmeric
Turmeric is an excellent spice utilized for centuries in traditional medicine. Its powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant traits from curcumin can assist in treating various health conditions, including joint pain, digestion, and depression. Additionally, it is a natural and safe alternative to synthetic medications.
You can significantly improve your overall health and well-being by incorporating Turmeric into your diet.
01. Turmeric possesses anti-inflammatory properties.
The anti-inflammatory properties of Turmeric reduce inflammation caused by arthritis, lupus, irritable bowel syndrome, and fibromyalgia.
Among the benefits are relief of myalgic encephalomyelitis/chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) and undiscovered encephalitis, which can cause mystery headaches, dizziness, blurry eyes that are impossible to correct with glasses, confusion, severe anxiety, and panic.
- Curcumin is a powerful natural compound that blocks pro-inflammatory regulators and signaling pathways. Including the activation of nuclear factor (NF)-kappa B, and suppresses numerous cytokines like tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-α), interleukin 1 beta (IL-1β), interleukin 6 (IL-6), and monocyte chemotactic protein-1 (MCP-1), and enzymes like prostaglandin E2 and cyclooxygenase-II, among others.
- Calms down reactions to pathogens. And If you’re one of the many people suffering from anosmia or ageusia after a COVID-19 infection, A study found that a single dose of 1000 mg of Turmeric was effective.
02. Manganese is abundantly present in Turmeric.
Turmeric is an incredibly beneficial spice for the cardiovascular system owing to its high levels of manganese and curcumin. Its anti-cancer properties are awe-inspiring and effective against various cancers, including prostate, skin, colon, mouth, esophageal, lung, stomach, pancreatic, liver, and breast cancer. It can even inhibit tumors and cysts. Moreover, it can help lower bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol, making it an all-around powerhouse for maintaining good health.
- Turmeric is a natural blood purifier that can relieve respiratory ailments.
- It’s also beneficial for improving liver function, supporting the circulatory system, regulating menstrual cycles, preventing cognitive diseases like Alzheimer’s, and healing gastrointestinal disorders.
- Turmeric promotes better circulation in areas of the body that require enhanced blood flow, such as those with chronic histamine reactions or toxic blood due to sluggish livers.
- Manganese activates curcumin’s ability to remove toxic heavy metals from the body. Learn how to detox heavy metals here.
Further advantages to using Turmeric
Calms down reactions to pathogens
Turmeric contains natural and very beneficial steroidal compounds from curcumin and other aspects of the Turmeric that are critical to calm down exaggerated inflammatory responses to pathogens.
It’s excellent for treating anything in the body that’s inflamed and causing pain, including nerves, joints, and the brain.
A helpful tool for diabetics
This particular spice is known for its ability to aid in the digestion of proteins and fats. As well as to regulate blood sugar levels, making it a valuable option for those with diabetes.
Turmeric curcumin has an exceptional ability to cleanse and safeguard the liver. It actively supports the liver’s natural purging mechanism and efficiently eliminates detrimental toxins, thereby preventing any harm to liver cells.
This substance’s antioxidants effectively prevent aging and combat various fungal, bacterial, and microbial problems.
Moreover, it is proficient in curing skin injuries and relieving inflamed skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
Turmeric (Curcuma Longa) Liquid Extract
Although curcumin is the main component of Turmeric, it is difficult to consume large quantities of it through dietary means alone. That’s why supplementing with a high-quality, high-potency curcumin extract can make all the difference!
THIS POST COMPRISES ADVANCED INFORMATION FROM THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING AUTHOR AND LEADING HEALTH EXPERT ANTHONY WILLIAM | book 1, 2
Scientific reports | Article 1
National Library Of Medicine | Article 1
Cureus -Part of springer Nature | Article 1
Our articles deliver valuable recommendations and inspiring perspectives.
Figs: The Brain + Gut Health Food