Soothing Chamomile + Mānuka Honey Sugar Scrub
Soothing Chamomile + Manuka Honey Sugar scrub has an abundance of antioxidants that are immensely soothing and nourishing for the skin. This all-over body scrub helps with hydration, brightens your complexion, and with anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties fights breakouts and fades dark spots.
Soothing Chamomile + Mānuka Honey Sugar Scrub Beneficial Ingredients
What Is Mānuka Honey –
Mānuka honey is a monofloral honey produced from the nectar of the Mānuka tree, Leptospermum scoparium, located on New Zealand’s remote North Island.
Why Raw Honey –
Raw, unfiltered, and unheated honey is best and offers excellent health benefits when kept in its natural state. When honey is processed and heated, its beneficial and therapeutic medicinal properties become diminished—leaving it to be just a sweetener.
Also, studies on Mānuka honey have shown to have higher therapeutic properties than over 300 varieties of honey. That alone is incredible!
*The higher the UMF, the better the quality of Mānuka honey, UMF 20+ or higher, if possible.
Benefits Of Using Mānuka Honey On The Skin –
- Mānuka honey is naturally emollient and exfoliating.
- Moisture is absorbed from the air and draws it to the skin’s surface.
- It regulates your skin’s pH level, softens skin, brightens and evens skin tone, fading away old acne scars.
- Antibacterial + anti-fungal + anti-viral as well as an anti-inflammatory and humectant.
- Aids in wound healing due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties; it draws in moisture to the skin and soothes irritated skin conditions such as acne, eczema, and psoriasis.
Heals Acne –
- With anti-inflammatory properties, Mānuka honey reduces redness and heals congested or inflamed skin as well as eczema.
- Mānuka also oxygenates pores to draw out bacteria, drastically improving acne-prone areas.
Soothes Scars –
- Mānuka also promotes skin regeneration, repairs cellular damage, and lessens scarring.
- When applied to your skin, Mānuka will hold in moisture and absorb moisture from the air for a dewy, glowing complexion.
- Manuka Honey has fantastic moisturizing properties and thus retains moisture and inhibits MMP, a group of enzymes that destroy collagen.
Why Chamomile Essential Oil –
- Roman Chamomile Essential Oil (Chamaemelum nobile) – Treats various conditions inwardly as it does superficially and is a Fantastic oil to keep on hand due to its excellent benefits and incredibly soothing properties.
- Roman Chamomile contains excellent antiseptic and antibiotic properties as well as bacterial. In particular, this essential oil treats scars and acne, tones the body, and helps with premature aging.
What Is Jojoba –
The Jojoba plant (Simmondsia Chinensis) is a woody perennial bush native to southern Arizona, California, and northwestern Mexico. When mature, grow to a height of 7 feet tall.
Benefits Of Jojoba –
- Deeply-Hydrating – Jojoba profoundly penetrates to soothe and soften skin while providing an excellent moisturizing effect and adding a healthy glow.
- Long-Lasting Moisturization – Jojoba oil will not evaporate like water-based moisturizers, making it an excellent option for when the skin stands exposed to harsh environments. Studies have shown that jojoba provides a substantial long-acting layer of moisture.
- Nutritious For Skin – Jojoba is full of nutrients like Vitamin E and B and antioxidants and minerals like chromium, copper, and zinc, which all nourish and protect the skin. Organic, cold-pressed jojoba has the highest level of antioxidants and nutrients.
Rosehip Seed Oil –
Rosehip Seed Oil is cold-pressed from the seeds of wild rosehip fruit, a plant-primarily grown in Chile, including other parts of the world.
Strong points of Rosehip Seed Oil;
- Brightens skin
- Deeply moisturizes
- Reduces skin pigmentation
- Helps smooth out stretch marks
- Has antibacterial properties
- Promotes healing
- Possesses excellent anti-aging properties
- 2 Tbsp. - Raw Mānuka Honey 30+
- 1 Cup - Raw Sugar
- 11 Drops - Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
- 4 Tbs. - JoJoba Oil
- 4 Tbs. - Organic Rosehip Oil
Soothing Chamomile + Mānuka Honey Sugar Scrub -
Using a food processor, add organic sugar, Mānuka honey, chamomile essential oil, jojoba, rosehip oil, and mix well.
You could also mix by hand, but I find that using a food processor blends everything very well, so it's rich and creamy.
How To Apply -
For A Deep, Soothing Spa-Like Experience -
Steam your face to open up your pores, gently apply all over the face in a circular motion.
Leave on for 20 minutes. Then rinse off with lukewarm water and pat dry.
For Regular Use -
Wet your face with warm water apply in circular motions all over the face, then rinse and pat dry.
* This is an all-over body soothing scrub.
* Can be used as a wet mask as well.
For Storing -
Soothing Chamomile + Mānuka Honey Sugar can be placed into an airtight glass jar or plastic container to keep the air out.
You can also store in the refrigerator until next use.