A delicious gourmet, sweet, and crumbly textured organic bread recipe made with dried cranberries and rye whiskey.
- 4 1/2 Cups - Unbleached All-Purpose Organic Flour
- 5 Tsp. - Organic Baking Powder
- 1 1/2 Tsp. - Organic Baking Soda
- 1 Cup (2 Sticks) - Grass-fed Organic Butter
- 2 Lrg. - Brown Organic Eggs
- 1/4 - Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 Cup - Organic White Sugar
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Pink Himalayan Salt
- 2 Cups - Organic Sour Cream
- 2 Tbsp. - Organic Caraway Seeds
- 1 1/2 Cups - Dried Organic Cranberries
- 2 Tsp. - Organic Vanilla Bean Extract
- 1 Tsp. - Unrefined Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup - Rye Whiskey
*Coarse White Sugar
- To Sprinkle Over Bread Prior To Being Baked
Rye Whiskey Irish Soda Bread
Preheat Oven to 325*
Making Your Bread -
In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
In a large bowl of an electric stand mixer cream together the butter (softened at room temperature), eggs, sugar, coconut oil, and whiskey until light and fluffy.
Next, add in the cranberries and caraway seeds and mix well.
Baking Your Bread -
Line two large cookie sheet pans with baking parchment paper. Next, using a large baking spoon, scoop out Irish Soda Bread batter and evenly distribute the dough, so both sheet pans have an equal amount of mixture.
Pile the batter one scoop on top of another, forming a mound, then apply coarse white sugar all over both Irish Soda Bread for a finished baked look.
Place into preheated 325* oven 1 1/2 hours and make sure to adjust your baking time (+/-) depending on altitude.
Check the middle of your bread with a wooden skewer if it comes out clean pull immediately and let cool.
*Serve with butter
I love this bread; it's easy to make and truly one of my family's favorites.
You can also use a loaf pan, springform pan, tube pan, etc. Just make sure to grease or spray your pan well.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 177Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 355mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g