Pumpkin + Cranberry Biscotti di Prato is a delicious Italian Cookie, Americanized!
Perfect in texture and amazing with coffee & tea!
- 1 - Stick of Organic Butter, Unsalted
- 1 1/3 - Cups Of Organic Sugar
- 3 large - Organic Eggs
- 3/4 Cup - Organic Pumpkin
- 1 1/2 Tsp. - Organic Vanila Bean Extract
- 1 Tsp. - Organic Baking Powder
- 4 1/2 Cups - Organic Unbleached Flour
- 1 Tsp. - Organic Ground Tumeric
- 3/4 Tsp. - Organic Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 Tsp. - Organic Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/4 Tsp. - Organic Ground Nutmeg
- 1/8 Tsp. - Organic Ground Cloves
- 1/4 Tsp. - Organic Ground Ginger
- 1/3 Cup - Organic Golden Raisins
- 1/2 Cup - Organic Cranberries
- 1 Cups - Organic Pecans, chopped
- * Organic confectinors sugar for dusting your Biscotti
Pumpkin + Cranberry Biscotti di Prato
Position your oven racks to the center and Preheat your oven to 350*.
Making Your Pumpkin + Cranberry Biscotti di Prato -
1. Whisk the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices together in a medium bowl and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs yolks with roughly half the sugar, using the whisk attachment of an electric mixer on high speed until the sugars dissolve, and the eggs become light and frothy. Next, stir in the pumpkin, vanilla, and blend.
3. In another bowl, beat the egg whites on high speed until they form stiff peaks. Then gradually add in the remaining sugar.
4. Next, using a wooden spoon, fold your egg whites into the egg yolk mixture, then gently stir in the butter, nuts, cranberries, and raisins.
5. Next, gradually stir in the wet ingredients with the dry until the dough comes together and forms a ball.
Prepping Your Dough -
Place your Biscotti dough on a lightly floured stretch of parchment paper and roll into a long log around 14 inches in length, and 4 inches wide.
Next, place your log on a parchment paper-covered baking sheet and bake for 50 minutes until the top is golden brown and feels firm.
Remove the baking sheet from the oven and place your Biscotti log on a wire rack to cool at room temperature.
Cutting Your Biscotti -
Next, place your Biscotti onto a cutting board. Using a serrated knife, cut the log slightly diagonal into 1/2 -inch slices.
Place back into the oven at 350* for 25-30 minutes until they are crisp and slightly golden brown.
Place your Biscotti back on the cookie sheet with the cut slices down and bake for 15 minutes, then flip over the biscotti on the other side and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
Remove your Biscotti from the oven, place it on a wire rack to cool completely.
Decorating Your Biscotti -
When your Biscotti is completely cooled, use a sifter and dust with confectioners sugar and serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 37mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 4g