Combined Together In Jar -
- 24 oz. - Alkaline Water pH Level 8 (Do Not Use City Water/Or/ Water Treated With Softener)
- 1/2 - Organic Lemon (Chopped)
- 1 Cup - Fresh Organic Thyme Sprigs (44 Sprigs = 2.7 Bunches Of Thyme = 1 Cup)
- 1/2 Cup - Local Raw Organic & Unfiltered Honey
- 1/2 Cup - Unfiltered Organic Raw Mānuka Honey (MGO 30+)
Used Separately -
- 1 ml. - Organic Turmeric & Black Pepper (Curuma Longa) Herb Extract
To Make Organic Thyme + Mānuka Honey Tonic For Cough -
- Prep and clean Fresh Thyme sprigs, place in a saucepan with 12 oz. water cover slightly with lid and over low heat bring to a simmer. Remove when liquid reduces to 1 cup.
- Clean organic lemon, quarter and remove seeds, chop, and place in a quart mason glass jar (set aside).
- Strain and separate your thyme sprigs from liquid.
- Place your thyme sprigs in mason jar.
- Pour your thyme liquid into a blender when cool.
- Add organic local unfiltered honey as well as organic unfiltered Mānuka honey MGO 30+ and the remaining 12 oz. alkaline water to blender and mix well. (Do Not Heat Honey)
- Next, pour ingredients from the blender into the mason jar. Close and shake well.
*Store in refrigerator
Take 5 ml every 4 hours
Using Organic Turmeric + Black Pepper Raw Herbal Extract:
Organic Turmeric + Black Pepper Raw Herbal Extract contains potent antioxidants known as curcuminoids that support your immune system. This herbal extract is only used twice a day.
Add 1 ml of Organic Turmeric + Black Pepper Raw Herbal Extract to 5 ml of tonic for an added immunity boost.
* Do not give to children under one year of age.
* Consult health physician before use.
Organic Thyme + Manuka Honey Tonic For Cough Ingredient List Of Benefits -
Thyme Medicinal Benefits -
Thyme contains antiseptic compounds such as caryophyllene, camphene, and thymol.
Potent Antimicrobials -
Thyme is one of nature's most potent antimicrobials, with its carvacrol content inhibiting the growth of a plethora of harmful bacteria.
Carvacrol +Thymol -
Carvacrol and Thymol are strong anti-spasmodic and potent cough suppressants that help immensely with respiratory health.
Thyme Qualities -
The antibacterial and expectorant qualities of this herb, thin the mucus while gently healing and soothing the bronchial tract.
*Thymol and carvacrol also help protect against infections.
Benefits Of Lemon -
Lemons contain Vitamin C, which significantly helps with immunity and supports to neutralize free radicals dwelling in our bodies.
Qualities Of Lemon -
Lemon also stimulates the production of white blood cells, may help protect the integrity of immune cells, as well as protects leukocytes, which produces antiviral substances.
Medicinal Benefits Of Turmeric -
What Is Turmeric -
Turmeric is a flowering plant, Curcuma longa, and is part of the ginger family, Zingiberaceae.
Turmeric contains 3-6% of polyphenolic compounds a mixture of curcumin, demethoxycurcumin, and bisdemethoxycurcumin that contain medicinal properties.
Qualities Of Curcumin -
Curcumin is the main active ingredient in Turmeric as well as the most important and gives tumeric its bright yellow, fluorescent color sometimes called curcuma.
Curcumin also contains very potent antioxidants and has powerful anti-inflammatory effects. And are responsible for giving Turmeric its medicinal properties.
Continued Studies -
Ongoing studies have shown Turmeric to be an Omega-3 booster, as well as showing hopefulness in providing protective benefits to regress the effects of diseases, such as Arthritis and Alzheimer's, by increasing the brain-derived neurotrophic factor (BDNF), a hormone that functions in your brain that these diseases deplete.
Turmeric + Black Pepper Used Together -
However, Turmeric is also known for having poor bioavailability, therefore not absorbed well in the body alone.
Henceforth when combined with black pepper extract (that contains a compound called piperine), it increases the absorption of curcumin up to an astonishing 2,000%.
Further Thoughts -
In conclusion, when Turmeric and black pepper extract are used simultaneous, the overall health effects of curcumin are increased dramatically, as well as significantly desensitizing the pain receptors in the body.
The potent anti-inflammatory effect of curcumin is comparable to most anti-inflammatory drugs, without the side effects.
Your Local Honey & Mānuka Honey -
All Honey carries fantastic health benefits when kept in its natural state. When honey is processed and heated, their healthy therapeutic medicinal properties are pretty much gone leaving it to be just a sweetener. As always raw, unfiltered, and unheated honey is best!
Honey's Medicinal Qualities -
Raw Honey protects against damage that's caused by gram-negative bacteria and boosts the production of specific cells that repair the damaged tissue caused by infection. Honey also encompasses anti-inflammatory properties that can quickly ease pain and inflammation. However, the potency of all honey is significantly different.
Local Honey + Allergies -
Using your local organic unfiltered raw honey helps with allergies that are present in your environment, thus easing seasonal allergy symptoms.
Studies on mānuka honey have shown to have higher therapeutic properties (next to Fynbos honey), including bacterial properties compared to over 300 varieties of honey. That alone is incredible!
Mānuka Honey's Antibacterial Content In Short -
The antibacterial component in Mānuka honey is methylglyoxal (MG). Methylglyoxal is a compound that's found in all honey, although in smaller quantities.
With Mānuka honey, MG comes from the conversion of another compound, dihydroxyacetone, that's found in high concentration in the nectar of Mānuka flowers, making Mānuka honey far better at destroying harmful bacteria such as Escherichia coli, Enterobacter aerogenes, Salmonella typhimurium, and S. aureus pathogens.
* When there is a high concentration of MG, the stronger the antibiotic effect will be, as well as the higher the UMF, the better the quality of mānuka honey, UMF 30+, if possible.