Have you been suffering from a nagging cough? An effective natural remedy might be the answer. For some relief, try this recipe.
This simple organic thyme and Mānuka honey tonic have powerful natural antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that will soothe irritated throat tissues while providing long-lasting relief. In addition to its healing qualities, this easy-to-make formula tastes great and has become known as an immunity elixir due to its ability to boost overall wellness too!
So whether you’re dealing with the nagging annoyance of persistent coughing or hoping to avoid getting sick in the first place, this gentle healing remedy could be just what you need.
Thyme is a rich source of essential vitamins such as A, E, C, K, B-complex, and folate. It is also one of the best calcium, iron, manganese, selenium, and potassium sources.
This natural wonder has been known for its potent power to eradicate harmful bacteria and viruses since ancient times. Early treatment is vital when you experience the first signs of a cold or illness.
This excellent herb is known for its antiseptic, antiviral, antibacterial, carminative, diaphoretic, and expectorant properties. These properties work together to give your immune system the support it needs to stay healthy and fight off infections.
Thyme is a powerful herb that can enhance memory, prevent nightmares, ease tension headaches, soothe coughs, relieve fevers, and fight against infections. Also, thyme’s unique compound, carvacrol, acts as a natural relaxant and tonic for the nervous system. Furthermore, it contains pyridoxine, a vital nutrient in regulating sleep patterns, benefitting neurotransmitter function, and boosting GABA levels in the brain – the perfect antidote for stress.
Turmeric is a flowering plant, Curcuma longa, and is part of the ginger family, Zingiberaceae. It contains 3-6% of polyphenolic compounds, a mixture of curcumin, desmethoxycurcumin, and bisdemethoxycurcumin with medicinal properties.
Curcumin is the main ingredient in Turmeric, and most influential, gives it its bright yellow, fluorescent color, sometimes called Curcuma.
Curcumin also contains very potent antioxidants and powerful anti-inflammatory effects. And are responsible for giving Turmeric its medicinal properties.
Its curcumin-rich composition is a boon in calming down inflammation caused by various pathogens. Along with curcumin, Turmeric also boasts several other beneficial compounds that make it a potent anti-inflammatory agent.
- Turmeric is a potent anti-inflammatory that can quell inflammation, reducing discomfort caused by nerve problems, joint pains, and brain-related issues.
- Helpful for myalgic encephalomyelitis/ chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) and undiscovered encephalitis.
- Undiscovered encephalitis is the hidden encephalitis that could be responsible for your puzzling headaches, dizziness, and blurred vision. Even glasses can’t fix it! Along with confusion and severe anxiety, it may even trigger panic.
- Turmeric’s unique blend of manganese and curcumin works wonders for the cardiovascular system—reducing bad cholesterol and increasing good cholesterol helps inhibit tumors and cysts.
- Curcumin is an effective preventative for prostate, skin, colon, mouth, esophageal, lung, stomach, pancreatic, liver, and breast cancers.
- It enhances blood supply and improves circulation.
- A powerful tool for those with chronic histamine reactions or sluggish liver issues.
- Powerful antioxidant, antiseptic, and anti-depressant
- Combining curcumin and manganese is a powerful tool in ridding your body of toxic heavy metals.
- Turmeric has been known to purify the blood, aid respiratory ailments, improve liver function, support circulation, and regulate menstrual cycles.
- Turmeric also contains properties that prevent cognitive diseases like Alzheimer’s and heal gastrointestinal disorders. Perhaps most impressively, this spice has decreased inflammation associated with arthritis, lupus, and irritable bowel syndrome.
03. Mānuka Honey
Raw Honey is exceptionally high in minerals such as calcium, potassium, zinc, selenium, phosphorus, chromium, molybdenum, and manganese.
Honey protects against damage caused by gram-negative bacteria and boosts the production of specific cells that repair the damaged tissue caused by infection.
Honey also encompasses anti-inflammatory properties that can quickly ease pain and inflammation.
However, the potency of all Honey is significantly different.
All Raw Honey Health Benefits
- More than 200,000 undiscovered phytochemical compounds and agents, including pathogen-killers, phytochemicals that help protect you from radiation damage, and anti-cancerous phytochemicals.
- Highly absorbable sugar and B12 coenzymes make it one of the most potent brain foods of our time.
- Raw Honey helps repair DNA.
- Raw Honey is one of the most adaptogenic foods on the planet.
- Anti-inflammatory—because it inhibits pathogens from procreating and thus releases toxins that elevate inflammation.
- Strengthening neutrophils and macrophages so they can fight off pathogens. (Medical science has not yet documented that these and other white blood cells feed off immune-stimulating phytochemicals.)
- Raw Honey is a secret weapon against infectious illness.
- Raw Honey fuels liver cells.
- A highly therapeutic antibiotic, antifungal, antiviral, antiseptic, antiaging, and anti-cancer agent.
- Raw Honey is hygroscopic, meaning it draws all the moisture out of germs, ultimately killing them.
- Raw Honey is an excellent first-aid cream and can be applied externally.
- Studies on Mānuka honey have shown higher therapeutic properties (next to Fynbos honey), including bacterial properties, compared to over 300 varieties of Honey. That alone is incredible!
- The antibacterial component in Mānuka honey is methylglyoxal (MG). Methylglyoxal is a compound found in all Honey, although in smaller quantities.
- With Mānuka honey, MG comes from the conversion of another compound, dihydroxyacetone, found in high concentration in the nectar of Mānuka flowers, making Mānuka Honey far better at destroying harmful bacteria such as Escherichia coli, Enterobacter aerogenes, Salmonella typhimurium, and S. aureus pathogens.
- When there is a high concentration of MG, the stronger the antibiotic effect will be, and the higher the UMF, the better the quality of Mānuka honey, UMF 30+, if possible.
Lemons are rich in vitamins C and B-complex and minerals such as iron, calcium, magnesium, silicon, copper, and potassium.
They are a powerful healing fruit with phenomenal antibiotic, antiseptic, and anti-cancer properties.
Furthermore, lemons are known for their ability to invigorate and purify. These vibrant citrus fruits offer a refreshing tonic perfect for cleansing and detoxifying your entire body.
Did you know that lemons are a superfood for healing? These power-packed fruits are highly coveted for their natural antibiotic, antiseptic, and anti-cancer properties that can work wonders on your body! Not only that, but they also have a unique ability to effectively alkalize your blood, cells, lymph, organs, and tissues, making them a go-to remedy for balancing your internal pH levels. From eliminating putrefactive bacteria in the mouth and intestines to relieving flatulence, indigestion, and constipation, lemons are a game-changer in boosting your health and well-being.
Organic Thyme + Mānuka Honey Tonic Recipe
yield: 24 OUNCES / 710 ML
Experience a soothing and powerful natural remedy with our Organic Thyme + Mānuka Honey Tonic recipe. Our blend harnesses the ancient healing properties of four potent medicines known for their effectiveness in treating coughs and colds. Let the sweet taste of Honey and the fragrant aroma of thyme relieve your symptoms and restore your wellness.
- 24 oz. – Alkaline Water pH Level 7 (Do Not Use City Water/Or/ Water Treated With Softener)
- 1/2 – Organic Lemon (Chopped)
- 1 Cup – Fresh Organic Thyme Sprigs (44 Sprigs = 2.7 Bunches Of Thyme = 1 Cup)
- 1/2 Cup – Local Raw Organic & Unfiltered Honey
- 1/2 Cup – Unfiltered Organic Raw Mānuka Honey (MGO 30+ or Higher)
- 1 ml. – Organic Turmeric Extract (added separately to individual dose)
- Prep and clean Fresh Thyme sprigs and place in a saucepan with 12 oz. water cover slightly with a lid, and over low heat, bring to a simmer. Remove when liquid reduces to 1 cup.
- Clean organic lemon, quarter and remove seeds, chop, and place in a quart mason glass jar (set aside).
- Strain and separate your thyme sprigs from the liquid.
- Place your thyme sprigs in a mason jar.
- Pour your thyme liquid into a blender when cool.
- Add organic local unfiltered Honey and organic unfiltered Mānuka Honey MGO 30+ and the remaining 12 oz. alkaline water to the blender and mix well. (Do Not Heat Honey)
- Next, pour the ingredients from the blender into the mason jar. Close and shake well.
- If you are seeking a natural alternative to traditional medicine, this tonic could be just what you need! While we can’t diagnose your ailment, we highly recommend speaking with your doctor to determine your most effective treatment plan.
Top-rated health product links featured in this article
+ Magnesium Non-GMO
Organic Alcohol-Free Liquid Extract
THIS POST COMPRISES ADVANCED INFORMATION FROM THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING AUTHOR AND LEADING HEALTH EXPERT ANTHONY WILLIAM, THE MEDICAL MEDIUM.