Bison Chili: Hearty + Nutritious
Organic Bison Chili: Hearty + Nutritious made with grass-fed Bison. Naturally lower in fat, higher in protein, with a rich, delicious flavor. This chili makes for the best warming comfort food.
- 1. 5 lb - Ground, Grass Fed Bison
- 4 tsp. Grass Fed Organic Butter
- 1 - Green Organic Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 1 - Red Organic Bell Pepper (chopped)
- 2 - Organic Jalapeno Peppers (de-seeded and finely chopped)
- 5 - Cloves of Organic Garlic (Chopped)
- 2 - Yellow Organic Sweet Onions (Chopped)
- 1/15 oz. - Red Organic Kidney Beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 /15 oz. - Yellow Organic Kidney Beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1/15 oz. - Pinto Beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1/15 oz. - Black Beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1/15 oz. - Organic Corn (drained & rinsed)
- 2 - Sweet, Organic Basil Leaves (Chopped)
- 1 Cup - Fresh Organic Cilantro Leaves
- 2 tsp. - Cumin, Ground Organic
- 2 tsp. - Turmeric, Ground Organic
- 1 - tsp. - Smoked Paprika, Ground Organic
- 3 tbsp. - Chillie Powder, Ground Organic
- 1 tsp. - Organic Cocoa Powder
- 1 Cup - White or Red Wine /Or/ Beer
- 6 ounces - Organic Tomato Paste
- 28 Ounces - Crushed Organic Tomatoes
- 32 oz. - Organic Chicken Stock
- 1 tsp. - Pink Himalayan Salt +/- for your taste preference
- 1 tsp. - Ground Pepper +/- for your taste preferences
- Greek Organic Yougurt /or/ Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
Organic Bison Chili:
Double this recipe for dinner tonight and then enjoy leftovers throughout the week. Chili only gets better with time, as the flavors marry together.
First, over medium-high heat, using a large cooking pot, melt butter and sauté the chopped Green and Red Bell Peppers, jalapeno peppers, fresh garlic, and sweet onions. Sautéing until the onions are slightly golden brown.
Then, add your ground Bison and all seasoning; Chopped cilantro and sweet basil leaves, ground cumin, ground turmeric, ground smoked paprika, and ground chili powder. Cook until the bison has slightly browned.
Next, add in your tomato paste and wine /or/ Beer, mixing well. Simmer for 5 minutes.
After that, add corn, and all beans; pinto beans, black beans, red, and yellow kidney beans. Pour in crushed tomatoes and organic chicken stock, mix well.
Finally, season with freshly ground Himalayan salt and peppercorn. Cook on low for two hours to thicken and fill with flavor. Stir occasionally.
Garnish your Chili with a dollop of plain Greek yogurt or sour cream, and a dash of ground salt & pepper.
*Ground bison is a healthy alternative to ground beef because it’s naturally lower in fat, higher in protein, and has a rich, delectable flavor.
Leave a Reply