This Lemon + Ginger Herbal Immunity Tonic is a synergistic blend of plant materials used to help restore, tone and invigorate the systems in the body. It supports general health and well-being by supporting your immune system with adaptogens, antioxidants, botanicals, and phytonutrients, especially helpful in the winter months when cold and flu outbreaks are higher. Unlike typical juice recipes, daily immunity tonics work quickly with an often intense flavor that only lasts a moment. It also helps provide clean energy throughout the day and lessens stress on the body—a healthy alternative for a healthier you.
Ginger (Zingiber officinale) is a herbaceous flowering plant of the family Zingiberaceae. The aromatic, pungent rhizome (the root) of the ginger plant has long been used as a remedy in traditional medicine and is regarded as one of the most salubrious spices in the world. Ginger contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, improves brain functions, heart health, and even helps to lower blood sugar levels. Ginger is also used to treat a variety of digestive ailments and helps fight colds and the flu.
Lemon, like ginger, has antibacterial and antiviral properties and is excellent for supporting your immune system due to its high Vitamin C content. However, it also contains antioxidants that work to detox and cleanse the digestive system and liver. Lemon juice can also act to balance out your body’s pH level with alkaline properties. Mixing these two powerful ingredients together makes a very effective herbal tonic.
TOTAL TIME: 10 MINUTES PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES SERVINGS: 1
Lemon + Ginger Herbal Immunity Tonic Ingredients:
- 1 whole organic lemon or lime
- 1 whole organic orange
- 3 cups filtered water ( If using a blender)
- 1-inch knob fresh peeled ginger
- 1/2-inch knob fresh peeled turmeric
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 tsp. organic raw + unfiltered honey
- Fresh organic mint (optional)
- 5 drops Bach Flower Remedies, Rescue Remedy formula. (optional) – Not affiliated
How do I make Lemon + Ginger Herbal Immunity Tonic?
Drink the lemon + ginger herbal tonic on its own, or add five drops of Bach Flower Remedies formula upon serving. Consuming right after juicing is always best, but if not, store the lemon + ginger tonic in an airtight jar in the refrigerator and may be stored for up to two to three days. Enjoy year-round!
INSTRUCTIONS: For this herbal tonic recipe, you will need a juicer. Using a juicer is the quickest and easiest method. If you do not have a juicer, a good blender will work too. You will need to add water and strain the solids.
A juicer –
- First, place the peeled ginger, turmeric, orange, lemon, or lime in a juicer. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to juice.
- Next, pour into a jar, add in black pepper, honey, and five drops of Bach Flower Remedies, and tighten with lid. Mix vigorously.
A blender –
Using a vegetable peeler works well to remove the skin, but you can use a spoon to scrape off the skin quickly. In comparison, keep in mind that this method will result in diluted rather than 100% pure juice.
- First, using your blender, add 3 cups of filtered water, 6oz lemon juice, a 1-inch knob of fresh peeled + chopped ginger, a 1/2-inch knob of fresh peeled + chopped turmeric, and a pinch of black pepper.
- Next, blend all ingredients on high until well-incorporated (about 1 minute)
- Then, using a piece of cheesecloth or a fine-mesh sieve (This will ensure a smooth consistency and no pulp in the tonic), strain the mixture into a bowl.
- Lastly, pour the tonic into a glass jar, add in the honey, close with an airtight lid, and shake vigorously.