The Lemon + Ginger Herbal Immunity Tonic is a powerful blend of plant materials that work synergistically to restore, tone, and invigorate the body’s systems. This tonic provides comprehensive support for general health and well-being by boosting the immune system with adaptogens, antioxidants, botanicals, and phytonutrients. It is especially beneficial during the winter months when cold and flu outbreaks are more common.
Ginger, a herbaceous flowering plant of the Zingiberaceae family, has been utilized in traditional medicine for centuries. Its aromatic and pungent rhizome, known as the root, is prized worldwide for its therapeutic properties. Ginger exhibits remarkable health benefits, including anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, support for brain function and heart health, regulation of blood sugar levels, and relief from digestive issues, colds, and the flu.
Lemon, like ginger, possesses antibacterial and antiviral properties, making it an excellent immune system booster due to its high Vitamin C content. It also aids in detoxification and cleansing of the digestive system and liver, thanks to its antioxidant content. Lemon juice can also help balance the body’s pH level with its alkaline properties. When combined, ginger and lemon create a potent and effective herbal tonic.
Incorporate ginger into your wellness journey and unlock its full potential by exploring delicious and health-boosting recipes such as the Organic Thyme + Mānuka Honey Tonic For Cough and A Ginger Detox For Colds.
Experience the revitalizing benefits of the Lemon + Ginger Herbal Immunity Tonic and enhance your overall well-being.
Food isn’t like medicine, it is medicine, and it’s our number one tool for creating the vibrant health we deserve.
Dr. Mark Hyman
Lemon + Ginger Herbal Immunity Tonic
TOTAL TIME: 10 MINUTES PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES SERVINGS: 1
- 1 whole organic lemon or lime
- 1 whole organic orange
- 3 cups filtered water ( If using a blender)
- 1-inch knob fresh peeled ginger
- 1/2-inch knob fresh peeled turmeric
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 tsp. organic raw + unfiltered honey
- Fresh organic mint (optional)
- 5 drops Bach Flower Remedies, Rescue Remedy formula. (optional) – Not affiliated
How do I make Lemon + Ginger Herbal Immunity Tonic?
Drink the lemon + ginger herbal tonic on its own, or add five drops of Bach Flower Remedies formula upon serving. Consuming right after juicing is always best, but if not, store the lemon + ginger tonic in an airtight jar in the refrigerator and may be stored for up to two to three days. Enjoy year-round!
INSTRUCTIONS: For this herbal tonic recipe, you will need a juicer. Using a juicer is the quickest and easiest method. If you do not have a juicer, a good blender will work too. You will need to add water and strain the solids.
A juicer –
- First, place the peeled ginger, turmeric, orange, lemon, or lime in a juicer. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions to juice.
- Next, pour into a jar, add in black pepper, honey, and five drops of Bach Flower Remedies, and tighten with lid. Mix vigorously.
A blender –
Using a vegetable peeler works well to remove the skin, but you can use a spoon to scrape off the skin quickly. In comparison, keep in mind that this method will result in diluted rather than 100% pure juice.
- First, using your blender, add 3 cups of filtered water, 6oz lemon juice, a 1-inch knob of fresh peeled + chopped ginger, a 1/2-inch knob of fresh peeled + chopped turmeric, and a pinch of black pepper.
- Next, blend all ingredients on high until well-incorporated (about 1 minute)
- Then, using a piece of cheesecloth or a fine-mesh sieve (This will ensure a smooth consistency and no pulp in the tonic), strain the mixture into a bowl.
- Lastly, pour the tonic into a glass jar, add in the honey, close with an airtight lid, and shake vigorously.