Having good immune health is essential for keeping our bodies healthy and strong. With the vast array of supplements on the market, it can take time to determine which ones are worth taking and what ingredients you should avoid ensuring optimal immune system functioning. To help ease your confusion, we’re going over some key ingredients you should avoid when selecting an immunity supplement – plus discover certain powerhouse supplements everyone needs and five powerful supplements designed by nature, specifically with immunity in mind. Let’s get started so you can feel confident knowing exactly what type of supplement will benefit your daily life!
| A misconception |
The common misconception is that we eat healthy foods. In reality, most people spend half their life eating nutrient-deficient and unhealthy food before switching to a lifestyle full of healthful nutrient-dense living foods!
This misconception is due to several factors, such as a need for knowledge on healthy eating, reliance on processed and packaged foods, or simply a need for more access to fresh produce and other nutritious ingredients.
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be complicated or time-consuming. You can make a huge difference in your overall health and well-being by taking small steps, like swapping out unhealthy processed snacks for more nutritious options and adding fresh fruits and veggies to meals.
Choosing healthier foods is crucial for a healthy lifestyle, and avoiding harmful foods promoted as “health trends” is especially important. If you are looking to heal, I recommend trying the Heavy Metal Detox Smoothie and taking measures to limit or altogether avoid the following items:
- Aspartame and other artificial sweeteners
- Citric acid
- Monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- Natural and artificial flavors – (also MSG)
- Nutritional yeast
The necessary base + powerhouse supplements
Although some choose to get their daily nutritional needs from the foods they eat, others recognize that taking supplements can be beneficial. Supplements are a great way of ensuring one gets all the necessary vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, and other key nutrients for optimal health.
Although everyone’s supplement needs can differ, certain powerhouse supplements provide essential nutrients to the population, helping to keep us all healthy and energized. In contrast, everyone needs a strong foundation of health supplements to keep their bodies resilient and functioning correctly.
The necessary base supplements list
Below is a list of certain powerhouse supplements that can help make all the difference in achieving maximum vitality, such as:
- B-12 with methylcobalamin and adenosylcobalamin
- Vitamin C
- Zinc (Organic zinc sulfate)
- DHA/EPA (zero fish oil & non-dairy)
- Time-released probiotic
Yes, quality always matters! There are subtle and sometimes critical differences among the supplements available that can affect how quickly your viral or bacterial load dies off, if at all. Whether your central nervous system repairs itself and how fast your inflammation reduces, etc.
Did You Know
Label requirements allow a company to have a certain percentage of hidden ingredients they don’t have to disclose on their supplements?
That’s right; many supplements have toxic fillers, additives, MSG, and hidden ingredients not listed on the supplement that can give sensitive people a reaction or slow down their healing process.
INGREDIENTS TO AVOID WHEN CHOOSING SUPPLEMENTS
When choosing supplements, one thing is for sure they are not all equal. There are low-quality and very high-quality supplements on the market. Some have harmful, hidden ingredients, such as MSG, that would set someone back when battling any illness or chronic illness.
A list of ingredients to avoid
- Citric acid – A toxic chemical derived from corn and manipulated into a preservative.
- Natural Flavors – Or “natural flavoring” are all labels for the same mystery chemical composition that contains MSG an ingredient that acts as an antagonist to our bodies’ systems!
- Alcohol – When used in herbal tinctures, the potential power of herbal supplements can be negated entirely with the introduction of alcohol, rendering it ineffective in delivering its purported benefits.
- Bovine Derivatives – These are animal derivatives in supplements. Supplements using bovine derivatives may appear to boast beneficial properties. Still, they are sourced from extremely low-quality and unreliable sources and tainted with heavy metals, hormones, and other unwelcome additions. These items could prove devastating for your health instead of invigorating it.
- Whey Protein – Whey Protein is seen as a low-calorie and lean source of protein, but it contains hidden MSG in the form of glutamic acid. Advertisements may claim cleanliness for specific brands, yet this compound can still be found despite their marketing claims during product development.
- Preservatives – Many popular supplements have an “other ingredients” list that exceeds twenty items, filled with preservatives and toxic components. With the sheer number of less-than-desirable additives making their way into our bodies, we must be mindful of what we consume.
- Carnitine – Carnitine is the generic term for a number of compounds that include L-carnitine, acetyl-L-carnitine, and propionyl-L-carnitine.
- The amino acid is a top fuel for herpes and other pathogens and is not helpful with cancers.
- When battling chronic illnesses such as fibromyalgia, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, lupus, or other hidden maladies – staying away from the amino acid carnitine in a concentrated supplement form is the best action.
01. Lemon Balm
Lemon Balm, also known as Melissa Officinalis, is a powerful yet gentle ally to the body. With remarkable healing properties, it eliminates and repels pathogen cells while calming and strengthening lymphocytes, allowing your immune system to work efficiently.
This potent herb is a mineral powerhouse, containing vital trace minerals such as boron, manganese, and iron. It also supplies your body with essential silica to strengthen bones and tissues – plus, it’s even capable of monitoring vitamin B12 levels to help preserve them!
Lemon balm also has soothing properties, such as offering a natural way to reduce stress; lemon balm is an herb packed with bioactive phytochemicals like never-before-seen alkaloids. These calming compounds work on desensitizing nerve receptors in the digestive tract, thus soothing inflammation.
Benefit of Lemon balm
- Fights flu (s)
- Fights Epstein-Barr Virus
- Herpetic bugs such as HHV-6 / HHV-7
- Helps digestive issues
- Reduces inflammation from pathogens
- It helps with tonsilitis, interstitial cysts, bladder inflammations, and UTIs
- Conserves body’s B-12
- Detoxifies the liver, spleen, and kidneys
- High in silica and trace minerals
02. Cat’s Claw
Cat’s claw (Uncaria tomentosa), a tropical woody vine with powerful healing properties, has been used for centuries to help treat various health problems.
Its adaptogenic powers can fight against viruses and parasites such as Babesia and Bartonella. From assisting neurological conditions to aiding digestion, cat’s claw may be our secret weapon in our medicinal arsenal!
Cat’s Claw is a remarkable herb that supports a healthy immune system and encompasses a group of antiviral adaptogens. It’s also incredible at fighting Epstein-Barr virus (most of us possess at least one variation of its over 60 varieties of EBV; find out more in Medical Medium Thyroid Healing. The mighty cat’s claw is a formidable force against harmful parasites, like Babesia, and bacteria, such as Bartonella. This incredible herb has the power to eliminate these and other harmful bugs from your body – without any of those pesky Herxheimer side effects often associated with antibiotics. Its unique bioactive pharma compounds in the herb regulate the destruction of pathogens so that the person can tolerate them at a tolerable level, thus eliminating them gently and efficiently. Cat’s claw is also incredible for its power to eliminate the infamous strep bacteria from the body – often misdiagnosed as yeast or Candida.
BENEFIT of CAT’S Claw
- Supports your Brain and Liver due to the glycosides, proanthocyanidins, and beta-sitosterol found in cat’s claw
- Incredible at fighting viruses
- Important herb for Lyme disease
- Fights strep, candida, and UTIs
- It helps with aches and pains
- Inhibits the protease MPro replication process in the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus
- Powerful anti-inflammatory
- Anti-Cancer, & Anti-Tumor
- It can help with PANDAS (pediatric autoimmune neuropsychiatric disorders associated with streptococcal infections).
- Can help with ALS (Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis)
- MS (Multiple sclerosis)
*If you’re pregnant or trying to conceive, keep cat’s claw out of your medicinal regimen.
* If you have a medical condition or take pharmaceutical drugs, please consult with your doctor before use.
Goldenseal root is a well-known herb from North America that works as a powerful herbal antibiotic and immune system enhancer.
It is a valuable source of vitamins A, C, E, & B-complex and minerals such as calcium, iron, and manganese.
Goldenseal contains potent anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, anti-fungal, and anti-inflammatory properties as well as alkaloids that are known to be an effective treatment for diarrhea and stomach problems that are caused by influenza or food poisoning. This herb helps destroy and purge pathogens from the body, helping the immune system to win the war on invaders. In most cases, it’s best to use goldenseal for two weeks on, then two weeks off, and repeat this cycle.
Benefit of goldenseal:
- Helpful for digestive problems such as peptic ulcers, gastritis, dyspepsia, and colitis.
- Effective remedy for hemorrhoids, athletes foot, canker sores, and to help stop heavy menstrual bleeding.
- Help to prevent and relieve the symptoms of colds, flu, fevers, bronchitis, heavy congestion, and even pneumonia.
- A simple wash made with goldenseal extract to help treat conjunctivitis and inflamed eyelids.
- Helpful against hay fever, laryngitis, cystitis, hepatitis, and liver disease.
- Very effective for treating eczema, ringworm, boils, cuts, and rashes.
- Used as a gargle for sore throats and gum infections
- Can help increase digestive enzymes and significantly enhances liver and spleen functions.
- An excellent infection fighter and is known to help treat sinus, respiratory, mouth, throat, bladder, yeast, and urinary tract infections.
04. Nettle Leaf
Nettle leaf, also called Urtica dioica, is a powerful herbal medicine that grows abundantly in the wild. This plant is rich in chlorophyll and minerals such as iron, chromium, zinc, copper, magnesium, silicon, cobalt, and calcium. Nettles are also high in vitamins A, E, D, C, & K.
Nettle leaf benefits are wide-ranging. From supporting a healthy urinary system, prostate, and joint health to supporting a healthy immune response. As a strong immune booster the lovely Nettle has the ability to neutralize toxic antigens in the body. Nettle leaf also contain a potent anti-inflammatory agent which help to curb the action of cytokines, one of the key components to inflammation in the body. In addition, it is equally helpful in preventing chronic headaches, sore throats, sinus infections, and fatigue. Lastly, it is beneficial for people with diabetes as it lowers blood sugar levels.
Benefit of nettle leaf:
- Known to help relief bronchial ailments such as chronic coughing, chest congestion, COPD, and TB.
- Ultimate reproductive herb
- Star adaptogen + wild food
- Helps body through times of stress
- Supports’ adrenals
- Helps protect bones
- Help to eliminate viral and bacterial infections and aid in removing excess fluids in the body by acting as a natural diuretic.
- Provides relief for digestive issues such as nausea, flatulence, acid reflux, and colitis.
05. Chaga Mushroom
Chaga mushrooms (Inonotus obliquus) grow in harmony with birch trees and can be found in northern regions of the United States and the forest of the Appalachian mountains. Rich in Vitamins A, C, B, D, and E and minerals such as manganese, iron, calcium, zinc, and selenium.
It can also be found in temperate forests of Europe, Canada, China, Russia, and Korea where it is known as a “gift of God”.
Rich in Vitamins A, C, B, D, and E and minerals such as manganese, iron, calcium, zinc, and selenium.
Chaga Mushroom is an incredible wild food that can strengthen red blood cells and bone marrow, balance blood platelets, and stave off cytokine storm resulting from the body overreacting to a pathogen or toxin. This reaction occurs when the immune system is overwhelmed by an internal blaze (your immune system is racing to die out a fire), thus creating widespread havoc in its wake. The effects range from hives and rashes to severe fever and potentially causing dangerous blood vessel expansion leading to life-threatening hemorrhaging. Furthermore, Chaga Mushroom is also very beneficial for those with HIV and has been shown to reduce the various symptoms and secondary diseases caused by HIV. Chaga is known for containing the world’s highest level of superoxide dismutase (SOD). This powerful enzyme aids in the breakdown of free radicals and effectively treats various conditions such as Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s, Lou Gehrig’s disease, gout, scleroderma, osteoarthritis, and cataracts. For more information on Chaga and other adaptogenic mushrooms that boost immunity, check out the article “Three Top Adaptogenic Mushrooms For Immunity.”
Benefit of chaga mushroom
- Contains potent anti-bacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, anti-fungal, anti-candida, and anti-parasite properties.
- The best source of betulinic acid is known to kill cancer cells on contact.
- Rich in beta-glucans can dramatically strengthen and reinforce the immune system making it an ideal choice for those suffering from autoimmune disorders such as chronic fatigue syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, fibromyalgia, irritable bowel syndrome, Chron’s disease, lymphoma, bursitis, shingles, and PCOS.
MY FAVORITE COMPANIE(S)
Many have asked what supplements I use and from what companies. With potency and high-quality importance, my family and I use products from Vimergy that I promote here on my blog. We also like to use Gaia Herbs and Eclectic Herb.
THIS POST COMPRISES ADVANCED INFORMATION FROM THE NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLING AUTHOR AND LEADING HEALTH EXPERT ANTHONY WILLIAM