Delicious Sugar Cookies With Ground Turmeric is a super easy to make recipe that tastes delicious; it's one of the best sugar cookie recipes. (My children and I love making this sugar cookie recipe together year-round, especially during Christmas time.) This dough has a great texture, not too soft and not too hard. The dough rolls out very well for cookie cutting, or form it into a log and slice.
Happy baking & may you come to love this recipe too!
- 3 - Sticks Of Organic Grassfed Butter
- 2 Cups - Organic Coconut Sugar
- 3 Lrg. - Organic Eggs
- 1 Tbs. - Organic Vanilla Bean Extract
- 4 1/2 Cups - Organic Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/4 Tsp. - Organic Baking Powder
- 1/4 Tsp. - Organic Ground Turmeric * Turmeric is a great anti-inflammatory boasting with many medicinal health benefits.
- 1 Tsp. - Organic Ground Himalayan Pink Salt /or/ Sea salt
Delicious Sugar Cookies With Ground Turmeric -
- Using an electric mixer, beat together the butter and sugar using a whisk attachment on high speed until light and fluffy.
- On low speed, add your vanilla and eggs, one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, ground turmeric, and salt together.
- Then gradually add your dry mixture to the wet mixture on low speed using a paddle attachment; when all of the ingredients have been combined, increase to medium/high speed.
- When your cookie dough is cleaning the sides of the bowl and roughly forms a ball, it's ready.
- Remove from bowl, wrap your dough in plastic wrap, and chill in the refrigerator for an hour before rolling out.
Okay, now we are ready to make cookies!
- To roll out your dough, place parchment paper down onto your work surface and sprinkle with flour. Next, place cookie dough on top and quarter.
- Lightly dust your rolling pin with flour and roll out your cookie dough to 1/4 inch of thickness.
- Then cut out the dough with your cookie cutters.
- When ready to bake, line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Then providing the use of a spatula, lift your shaped dough and place it on the cookie sheet (to hang your cookies on your tree, use a straw to make and punch out a circle to loop ribbon through) before baking.
Bake for 10 -12 minutes -
- When the bottom of your cookies are lightly golden brown and not so doughy, your cookies are ready.
- Remove sugar cookies and place them on a wire rack or paper towels to cool; when cookies are cooled, decorate with icing or dust with powdered sugar!
* I personally do not use flour on my surface or dust flour onto my rolling pin when using this particular sugar cookie recipe. I've had great success with these cookies just by rolling out onto unbleached wax paper or unbleached parchment paper.
* However you choose, if your dough is ridiculously sticky just use a little flour, just don't over flour or it would be terrible.
* Turmeric is a great anti-inflammatory boasting with many medicinal health benefits.
Serving Size:1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 66Total Fat: 3gg