Creamy Chaga Vanilla Bean Ice Cream is a delicious and nutritious treat. This ice cream is made with a base of bananas and almond or coconut milk to make it creamy. The addition of Chaga mushroom powder and warming spices of cinnamon and optional cardamom make this ice cream a delicious and healing snack or meal. The Chaga mushroom powder provides medicinal benefits, while the cinnamon and cardamom add flavor and depth. This Creamy Chaga Vanilla Bean Ice Cream is a delicious and healthy treat for the whole family!
Chaga mushroom (Inonotus obliquus) is not technically a mushroom but rather pre-mushroom growth. It’s a type of fungus that grows on the bark of trees, specifically birch trees.
The Chaga mushroom is a powerful medicinal Mushroom. It has been used for centuries in traditional Chinese and Russian medicine to treat a variety of ailments. In addition to Eastern medicine for its various health benefits. It possesses immune-system-enhancing nutrients that revitalize white blood cell count by increasing the production of lymphocytes, monocytes, neutrophils, basophils, and eosinophils.
Modern science has begun to study the potential health benefits of Chaga and has found that it does indeed have several therapeutic properties. Chaga is a rich source of antioxidants and polyphenols, which help protect cells from damage and reduce inflammation. Chaga can also boost the immune system, making it a valuable tool in the fight against colds and flu.
Additionally, the phytochemicals in Chaga are excellent for aiding with cancer prevention, regulating blood sugar, and boosting the adrenals while regulating the rest of the endocrine system. It also assists in breaking down, dissolving, and destroying unproductive fungus in the intestinal tract. For this reason, Mushrooms are some of the best fighters of unproductive fungus, including Chaga.
Chaga mushroom Benefits
- Powerful immunity builder
- Helps body battle invaders (Pathogens + Toxins)
- Fights unproductive fungus, yeast & mold
- Helps strengthen red blood cells & bone marrow
- Helpful cancer preventive
- Helps regulate blood sugar
- Helps boost adrenals
Applesauce Cake With Walnut Maple Cream
A great base for your Creamy Chaga Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- 2 1/2 tbsp. ground flaxseeds
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 cup Chopped Walnuts
- Organic Maple Cream or Chestnut Spread
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C. Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the ground flaxseeds and water. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Add the applesauce, coconut sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla to the flaxseed mixture. Whisk until uniform.
- In another bowl, whisk together the oat flour, brown rice flour, potato starch, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk until uniform and lump-free.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Stir until evenly mixed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and top with crushed walnuts.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until browned on top and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the baking pan, then gently remove and place on a wire rack to cool completely..
- When the cake is cool, slice and spread organic Maple cream over bread then top with banana halves and Creamy Chaga Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. Immediately serve.
Recipe Credit – The New York Times # 1 Best Selling Author; Anthony William
Creamy Chaga vanilla Bean Ice Cream
A creamy bowl of ice cream with medicinal benefits
- 3 large bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1/2 cup coconut milk or unsweetened almond milk
- 1-2 tsp chaga mushroom powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom (optional)
- 1 tsp alcohol-free vanilla bean extract
- For serving:
- 1 tbsp chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
Place the bananas, coconut milk, chaga powder, cinnamon, cardamom and alcohol-free vanilla extract in a food processor and process until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Add a bit more milk if needed. Serve straight away, topped with chopped nuts, or place in the freezer for 1-2 hours for a firmer texture.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
Energy Blend Smoothie Bowl with Chaga mushroom
Leave a Reply