As the fall season rests upon most of us, is there any season more enjoyable for cozy home cooking? I adore this beautiful change of season that gets put on exhibit throughout New York, especially upstate. The fall foliage can often create striking scenery amongst the sweeping views of the region’s beautiful landscape, bursting into a kaleidoscope of vibrant colors and hues of crimsons, auburn, and beautiful golds. In addition to the attraction, this time brings about fall harvest favorites. The joy of apple and pumpkin picking with loved ones, the spicy scent of warm apple cider, oven-fresh pumpkin pie, and homemade donuts, furthermore, the warming scents of cinnamon and clove permeating the autumn air of a delicious freshly prepared pumpkin spice latte. As we welcome the Fall season and explore new, heartwarming seasonal recipes, I aspire to share a wonderful caffeine-free recipe from the NY Times Best Selling Author Anthony William with you below. So if you are a pumpkin spice latte enthusiast as I am, I recommend you try this recipe that is both delightful and simple to prepare.
Caffeine Free Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1/4 cup – organic pumpkin puree
- 2 cups gluten-free oat, unsweetened almond, or light coconut milk
- 1/4 cup – 100% pure organic maple syrup
- 1 tsp. – pumpkin pie spice
- 1-2 tbsp. – coconut whip (for topping)
- 1 – 14 ounce – BPA-free can of coconut cream or whole fat coconut milk chilled in the refrigerator overnight.
- 2-3 tbsp. – unfiltered, raw organic honey or pure organic maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. organic vanilla extract
- Pinch of organic ground cinnamon
- First, combine the pumpkin puree, coconut milk, maple syrup, and pumpkin pie spice in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Next, pour the mixture into a small pot and heat until warm on medium-high heat.
Add the contents from your cooking pot into your favorite mug. Then top your caffeine free pumpkin spice latte with Sugar-Free Pumpkin Spice Whipped Cream and a dash of spice. Cozy up and enjoy!
To make your Sugar-Free Pumpkin Spice Whipped Cream.
Chill your mixing bowl in the freezer for at least 10 minutes to make the Pumpkin Spice Latte coconut whip. After 10 minutes, remove from the freezer.
- Open the can of coconut milk and remove the thick cream on the top. Then, pour in the coconut water/milk.
- Then, using an electric mixer, beat the cream for two to three minutes or until you have achieved soft peaks. Add in the organic honey and mix for an additional two minutes.