Beef Stew Braised In A White Wine Sauce – Ingredient list
- 5 Ib Organic Boneless Beef Chuck (Preferably Single Cut) Cut into 2-inch cubes, then graciously season with himalayan pink salt and freshly ground tellicherry pepper.
- 2 1/2 Tsp Pink Himalayan Salt or (salted to preference)
- 2 Tsp Organic Freshly Grounded Tellicherry Pepper (Peppered to preference).
- 2 Tsp Organic Turmeric
- 1 Organic Bay Leaf
- 1 Tsp Organic Allspice
- 3- 32 Oz Organic Beef Broth
- 4 Tbsp Organic Avocado Oil
- 1 Stick Organic Butter (unsalted)
- 1 Cup Organic Tomato Paste
- 5 Organic Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 1 Tbs Organic Fresh Spicy Oregano (Chopped)
- 2 Cups White Wine (I use Verdi Spumante, a semi sweet white wine) You can also use a red wine to suit your preference.
- 2 Large Organic Sweet Yellow Onions (Julienne or Chopped)
- 1 Stalk Organic Celery (diced)
- 6 Large Organic Carrots peeled and coarsely diced
- 2 Cups Organic Corn
- 4 Large Organic Yellow Potatoes (Peeled and Cut Into Large Dice)
- 4 Large Organic Sweet Potatoes
- Cut the beef chuck into 2-inch cubes and season with salt and pepper, set aside.
- Preferably in a large cast iron Dutch oven, heat 4 Tbsp of Avocado oil on medium-high heat, add onions cook, stirring until golden. Then on high heat, work in the cubed beef chuck, sear to a deep brown on all sides. Bring to a gentle simmer over low to medium heat adding 1 cup of white wine, tomato paste, 1 stick of butter, and beef broth stirring well. Cover pot and continue to stew over very low heat. Stew the beef for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Then add vegetables, and remaining wine. Stew for a hour or until vegetables are tender. (Takes an hour for vegetables to release their flavors).
- A good idea would be to cook your stew low and slow. The longer your stew simmers, it will become thicker, and your beef will be deliciously tender with a deepened flavor.
Leave a Reply